It is a very well-known fact that the world would not be the same without all of the songs that we have. People make use of music in almost every single aspect of their lives. In this guide, I am going to be talking about some very well-known facts and tidbits about music.
1. Firstly, did you know that more than 1 trillion songs are actually streamed per year? This number is only increasing because more and more people are joining the music streaming platforms like Apple Music, Spotify and more. Music fans around the world are streaming at least 1.2 trillion songs, according to a study in the year 2018. I’m sure this number has skyrocketed even more.
2. Now that there is a pandemic going on, I am pretty sure that most of us are listening to music, from our houses. Well, we have YouTube to give us free music. Even though there are a lot of advertisements, YouTube is one of the best places to get the latest music that is released in the world. People stream millions of songs on YouTube.
3. Even though vinyl is a thing of the past, the sales are actually on the rise. It was replaced by cassettes and CDs in the 1980s and the 1990s. But, the records are now making a comeback. The sales of vinyl actually climbed to more than $700 million, just in the year 2019 alone. Show many people are buying this, because of the aesthetic.
4. The music recording industry is actually valued at more than $20.2 billion. Because of streaming sales, this value keeps increasing and also, because of more physical music sales, the industry keeps making money. The artists also continue to get royalties, every single time that music is played somewhere, as long as it is legal.
5. It is a very sad fact that pop musicians actually have a shorter lifespan when compared to everyday people. That was a study on 12,655 pop musicians who have passed away between 1950 and 2014, and this study found that they tend to die at much younger ages than the everyday average American. They also have a higher rate of death by homicide, accidents and other kinds of problematic events.
7. It is very surprising that most musicians actually earn an average of at least $30 an hour. But, most musicians in the world are millionaires, because of many different kinds of deals, modelling gigs and more.