There has been a lot of scientific hypothesis about music and how it affects our brains. In this guide, I am going to be talking about some very fun facts about music that actually have been backed up by scientific and physical shreds of evidence.
1. The first one that I would like to talk about is about unborn babies in the mother’s womb and how they react to music. It has been scientifically proven that babies react to music, from inside the womb, and this was discovered by a scientist lady who actually inserted a microphone surgically into women who were pregnant. The fetal heart rate was actually affected by the music that was played. This has proven that babies are actually able to hear the music that plays outside. It also means that they either enjoyed or completely hate it. I guess you can find out if the baby likes the song that you are playing, if the baby starts to kick, or maybe you can construe it in another way.
2. Secondly, listening to music is also something that definitely decreases anxiety and boosts your immunity. That is why, so many people have started listening to music, and they have started feeling loneliness and emptiness because of the pandemic, with music. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of us have been confined to the comforts of our own houses for months and also because of rampant lockdowns. A lot of people have been making use of music to fill the void that is present, because we are not allowed to go outside and interact and socialize, because of strict social distancing parameters implemented by the governments of the world.
3. Did you know that classical music fans and heavy metal fans are actually very alike? In 2008, there was a psychological study and data collected on a lot of people and fans of heavy metal and classical music. There were a lot of similarities indeed. Both of the categories were highly creative, very gentle and also very self-assured. These people were also very confident about themselves.
4. People who do not like music rarely hear music in their dreams. Music in our dreams is actually very rare, but it is almost impossible for people who do not listen to music much. There was a study that reported that almost 40% of people hear music in their sleep, especially in their dreams.
5. Pop music is actually very predictable, and a computer can actually write it. A lot of mathematicians hit the laboratory to study and also modular ice pop music, and computers cannot only write pop music as good as any songwriter, but they can also add elements to it.